An alcohol breath analyzer is a device for estimating blood alcohol content (BAC) from a breath sample. Breath analyzers are not just for law enforcement anymore. A hand-held breath analyzer gives anyone the ability to administer an alcohol test quickly and easily. Most of these hand held breath alcohol testing devices are small enough to fit in a pocket, purse, or glove compartment, so testing can be impromptu and discreet.
Who uses breath analyzers?
- Hand-held alcohol testing units are useful for many groups that want certified, accurate results:
- Law Enforcement – to test suspicious drivers
- Probation officers – to verify alcohol compliance with court orders
- Corrections officers – to verify compliance
- Schools – to make sure students don’t drink alcohol before attending school functions like dances or parties
- Businesses and clinics that need an easy, fast and accurate way to test alcohol impairment
- Parents – given as a gift to a loved one so he (or she) knows not to drive if he's had too much to drink, or used as an enforcement tool to make sure kids aren't drinking
- College students – to find out if you or your friends are too intoxicated to drive, or simply to prevent overindulgence and alcohol poisoning